On a une population de 1,3 millions d'habitants et si...
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before using the http://www.advance.mu website (the "Service") owned and operated by the company Adpress Co. Ltd (“the Company”, "us", "we", or "our"), trading under the name of Advance.mu. Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you may not access the Service.
Content and use of the site
Our content includes the web pages on the site that we make available through www.advance.mu and any information or other material found on or via the site, including text, databases, graphics, images, videos, software and all other features on the site. You may only view the site's pages and content online. You may not, without our prior written consent, otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use any of the content on the site other than as expressly permitted.
All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The owner of this Service makes no representations as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or completeness of any information and materials found or offered on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Advance.mu takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable, if the Service is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. If you are having problems accessing any other content on the site, please let us know by emailing info[at]advance.mu and we will try to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
Links to other Web sites
From time to time, our Service may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Adpress Co Ltd, trading under the name of Advance.mu, is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Service, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We require your information, upon signing up, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails (directly or indirectly associated with the Service) about information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this Service for use other than to analyze content performance.
Creating and Maintaining Your Account
You can sign up and create your account on the sign up page. You must make sure that all the information you provide when you register with the site is true, accurate and current and complete. If you change any of your registration details (e.g. email address, postal address), you must update your account.
To help us maintain the security of the site, you must keep your registration details confidential. If you become aware of any misuse or unauthorised use of your registration details, you must inform us immediately by sending us an email to info[at]advance.mu.
In the event that we have reason to believe that you have, or will breach these Terms, we may terminate or suspend your registration and/or access to the site and/or to any content.
Articles sent for publication
Any registered user wishing to impart information and/or to have an article published, may send the article, information, graphic or image to the Editorial Team on info[at]advance.mu. The registered user grants us and any third parties we authorise, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-license that permission) to use, re-use, copy, adapt, abridge, amend, distribute, modify, translate, publish, perform, display, develop, reproduce, communicate to the public and to make the content otherwise available in any form and/or by any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), including through any on-demand or broadcast service, whether on a commercial or non-commercial basis anywhere in the world. By way of example only, this will include permission to:
- make such information available through the site to other users of the site;
- include the content in PDF samples of newspapers; and
- allow any third parties authorised by us to reproduce, display, publish, communicate, perform and/or embed the content on their platforms, including their websites and applications.
You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the site and in the content made available via the site, shall at all times remain vested in us or our licensors. If you wish to submit a notice of alleged copyright infringement you can do so by email to info[at]advance.mu. Please provide as much detail as possible including a description and location of the alleged infringing material on the site, details of the rights infringed and your ownership in respect of them (including, if applicable, additional identifying information such as publication dates and website URLs and contact details that we can use to reply to your notice.
Moderation of comments
We encourage lively discussion, as long as it does not disturb the other guests. Posts with the following content will likely be moderated:
- Words that can be perceived as derogatory and/or defamatory.
- Strong and personal attacks on other participants in the comments.
- Opinions that essentially has nothing to do with the contents of the article.
Unauthorised use of this Service may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. Continued use of the Service (after any such change) shall constitute your consent to such changes. Advance.mu shall be under no obligation to notify you of any change whatsoever made to the Terms.
General Promises, Liability and Disclaimer
We promise that we will operate the site with reasonable skill and care and that we will use our reasonable endeavours to correct any faults of which we are aware. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all other promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to the site and its content, whether express, implied, oral or written. In particular:
- We do not make any promises as to the truth, accuracy, integrity, quality or completeness of the content or information that appears on the site and you should not rely on it being accurate, truthful or complete.
- Any posting of comments or information on the site is the opinion of the person posting only and in no way reflects our opinions or attitudes, nor constitutes any form of recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by us. To be clear, each user acts on his/her own behalf at all times and does not act as our representative or agent in any way.
- You agree that your access and use of the site and its content is at your own risk. We do not have any knowledge of, nor control over, the particular purpose(s) for which the information and content available on the site is used. Accordingly, we exclude any and all liability for any loss of any nature suffered by you as a direct or indirect result of your use of any of the information or content available on the site or of making any decision, or refraining from making any such decision, based wholly or partly on any expression of opinion, statement or other information contained in the content available on the site.
- By using the Service, you acknowledge and accept the inherent risks, characteristics and limitations of the internet, particularly in terms of technical performance of the site, response times to view, verify or transfer information; and the risks inherent in all third party links, connections and transfers via the internet.
- We make no promises in respect of any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, cancelbot, logic bomb or any other form of programming routine designed to damage, destroy or otherwise impair a computer's functionality or operation including transmission arising from your download of any Content, software you use to download the Content, the Site or the server(s) that make it available. In this respect you agree that it is your responsibility to install suitable anti-virus and security software on your computer hardware and other devices to protect against any such bugs, viruses or other such harmful programming routines. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such content;
- Any decision based solely on information obtained from the internet could be dangerous. Whilst we hope that you will find the websites linked to on the site of interest, no responsibility of any nature whatsoever is accepted for any such links or any information contained in them.
We will not be responsible or liable:
- for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to lost data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption; or
- if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these Terms by anything you do or fail to do or due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. In such circumstances including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, lock outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, PayPal delays, our inability or delay in performing our obligations will not be deemed to be in breach of contract.
You agree that you will compensate us (and our employees, officers, agents and suppliers) in full for any damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees we incur that arise out of any breach by you of these Terms or any liability we incur as a result of the use of the site by you and any other person that uses your account.
When using this Service, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on the site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Other Important Terms
Severability-If any part of these Terms is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Terms will not be affected and shall remain in force. For the avoidance of doubt, should these Terms or any part of them be deemed void or voidable, this shall not affect the validity of any licence provided under these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction-These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Mauritius. This means that in relation to the agreement between us governing your access and use of this site under these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Mauritius.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.